Thursday, January 3, 2013

Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies

I'm sure it doesn't come as a huge surprise to anyone that I'm hopelessly obsessed with sprinkles and funfetti. A while back I showed you my sprinkle collection, and it has increased since then. Like, a lot.

Whenever I go to the bulk food store, I kind of make it a point to stand in front of the vast array of sprinkles for at least 15 minutes. It takes me that long because (#1) it is such a beautiful sight that I just have to take in all of it's beauty and (#2) I'm terrible at making decisions. 15 minutes later, I walk out of that aisle with so many sprinkles in my cart that I feel kinda embarrassed. But then not really because sprinkles make the world go round.


Now, about these cookies. There are lots of sprinkles in these cookies AND they're all cakey! They taste exactly like cake batter, and the colorful sprinkles scattered throughout completely tops these cookies off. To make things even better, they're soft and chewy. I just LOVE these cookies! They may have just made my top 10 list of favorite cookies to date.


Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
{Inspired by Sally's Baking Addiction; recipe adapted from here}

1 box yellow cake mix
2 T. melted butter
1/4 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 tsp. butter flavoring
2 T. milk
3 T. sprinkles + more for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

Mix together all the ingredients, except the sprinkles, until well combined. Gently fold in the sprinkles. 
Scoop 2 tsp. of the dough. Roll into a small ball, and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkles with some extra sprinkles, if desired. Repeat with remaining dough, and leave about 2 inches between each ball.

Bake for 7-8 minutes. The cookies should be very puffy and beginning to slightly brown around the bottom edges. Let cool on the pan for a minute or two before transferring off to cool completely.

Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

Linked to I Heart Naptime, Six Sister's StuffBuns In My Oven

1 comment:

  1. Funfetti cake has to be the yummiest cake ever, and your cookies only make it look better! My kids would love these. Thanks for linking up at OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...