Monday, January 14, 2013

No-Bake Mocha & Nutella Cheesecake

Just in case you're wondering, these are downright delicious. Were you doubtful? Probs not. Unless you're me because I DESPISE cream cheese will all my inmost being. 

For real. I am one of those humans who cannot stomach the rich and creamy foods that about 7/8ths of the rest of the world loves. However, I found a way to cut back on the richness of cream cheese so I can feel normal and obsessively eat cheese cake-y stuff like the rest of the world. 

(Can I just say that I normally don't give two hoots about what other people think of me, but when other people love food that I don't I suddenly feel left out and like a big 'ol loser. It usually results in me making something delicious, though, so I'm not complaining too much. I'm sure you aren't either.)



Since whipped topping makes everything all mousse-y and delicious, I though that I might go ahead and add it to a cream cheese mixture to hopefully "lighten" some of the richness of cheesecake. If all the cheesecake in the world would taste like this, I would buy and eat it all. (But it does not, so THANK YOU LORD FOR SAVING MY WEIGHT!!!!!) To make things even better, there's no baking required which means this goes from the dish to your taste buds even faster!

I also have a mild obsession with the whole Nutella-mocha flavor, so to add a more subtle, hazelnut flavor to the cheesecake, I added those two delicious things.

Oh, and Oreos because life pretty much does not move on without them.


No-Bake Mocha & Nutella Cheesecake

8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup nutella
1 T. milk
2 tsp. instant granulated coffee
2 T. granulated sugar
8 oz. thawed whipped topping
Oreos
Serving dishes - 
(They can be small, individual dishes or one large one.)

Using a mixer, cream together the cream cheese and nutella until evenly combined. In a separate, small dish, mix together the milk and instant coffee granules until the coffee is dissolved. You may have to warm up the milk for a few seconds to help along the dissolving process. Add the coffee mixture, along with the sugar, to the cream cheese mixture. Mix everything together until creamy and combined.

Mix half of the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Set aside.

Crush the oreos. You can really use however many you want depending on the size of your dish you will be using or your personal preference. For reference, 1 Oreo = approx. 1 1/2 T. of crumbs. I used 4 oz. jars, and I spooned about 2 T. of crumbs into the bottom of each. 

Spread the oreos in the bottom of your dish. Pack down. 

Using 2/3 of the whipped cream cheese mixture, divide it evenly and layer in the dishes. Mix the remaining half of the whipped topping with the remaining 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Evenly divide among the dishes and layer on top. Garnish with more oreo crumbs, mini chocolate chips, or a different garnish of your choice!

Refrigerate until served.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great, but I'll whip cream instead of using "topping." It really tastes like oil to me. Found you at trick or treat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using whipping cream would work as well; great idea! I used whipped topping just of convenience and personal preference, but homemade whipped cream would be delicious, of course :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    We found you from the Six Sisters Blog Hop. You have some great ideas and we would like for you to share with our readers too. We are hosting our first link party tomorrow and we would like to invite you to link up with us. We have a fun blog to co-host with us. Hope to see you there.

    Thanks!
    The Busy Bee's,
    Myrna and Joye.

    http://thebusybhive.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...