Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nutella Brownies


See these? I made you brownies. And I know I say this a lot, but this time I really mean it:
These are soooooooooooo good. Really. Not to mention the fact that they can be whipped up and popped into the oven in a matter of minutes. 

What can I say? When I want chocolate, I want it immediately. But, most of the time, chocolate doesn't instantly appear in my hand, so I end up making brownies that taste like you've spent hours in the kitchen and hundreds of dollars on foreign, magical ingredients. 


Now, I know these are called "Nutella Brownies," but the Nutella mixed into the batter doesn't add a ton of hazelnut flavor to the brownies themselves; it instead makes these the chewiest, gooiest, fudgiest brownies you will ever eat. Even though these are made with a mix, you would never guess. I've eaten my fair share of brownies in my life, and I don't think I've ever eaten any brownies that are as thick and chocolatey as these are. 

What really tops these brownies off is the drizzle of Nutella over top of the batter before baking. It creates this pretty swirly looking pattern on the top after the brownies have been baked and adds a hint of the Nutella flavor that everyone and their cousin's BFF loves. 


Thick & Fudgy Nutella Brownies

1 box brownie mix
1 cup Nutella or other hazelnut spread
2 eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup Nutella to drizzle over top
1 cup chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ. Grease a 9x13 inch pan.

In a large mixing bowl, mix together the brownie mix, 1 cup of Nutella, eggs, water, and oil until evenly combined. Fold in chocolate chips, if desired. Spread evenly into the pan.

Warm up the 1/4 cup of Nutella in the microwave, stirring after 10 second intervals until it reaches a smooth, thinner pouring consistency. Drizzle over the top of the brownie batter. 

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool before cutting.

Linked to Inside Bru Crew LifeBuns In My Oven, Taste and Tell, High Heels and GrillsSix Sister's Stuff


3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I just made some Nutella Brownies too, but they weren't from a box. I looooove box brownies! Gonna have to try these!

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that I need to try your from-scratch Nutella brownies soon! They look so delicious and fudgy!
      Thanks for taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. THese look amazing.... I'd love to have you come and share at Super Saturday Show & Tell today :) xoxo~ Ruthie http://whatscookingwithruthie.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...