Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

You know what I could really go for right now. A nice, long nap that doesn't have the looming cloud of homework and exams hanging over me.

I know you all want to go back to those days RIGHT NOW. 

And while we're on the subject of you right now, can someone tell me the last time they had to prove, using congruent triangles, that the diagonals of a parallelogram bisect each other? Oh, what's that? NEVER?! {GASP!} I never would have guessed. Nev. ER.


In the midst of exams, there are cookies. I'm pretty sure that if every single math problem was somehow turned into a problem about cookies, I would ace it. (Anyone open to writing a math curriculum like that for me?) And if I could choose what flavor the story-problem cookies would be, I would, DUH, choose the classic chocolate chip, but my second choice would have to be oatmeal chocolate chip. 

I don't know what it is about cookies with oatmeal, but I think they're so good! (Unless there's raisins in them because I hate raisins.) These cookies are perfectly chewy, and the oatmeal adds an extra tasty texture to the cookies that makes them irresistable. These are one of my favorite cookies, so give them a try!


Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
[slightly adapted from Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies]

1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg + 1 yolk
1 T. cornstarch
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350ยบ.

In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, sea salt, baking soda, flour, and oatmeal. Add into the butter mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips.

Scoop about 2 T. of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 9-10 minutes. The edges should be lightly golden and the centers just set. Let cool for 2 minutes on the pan before transferring off to cool completely.

Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Linked to Buns In My Oven, Six Sister's Stuff, Inside Bru Crew Life

16 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that when studying and/or schoolwork is involved, chocolate chip cookies are required.

    Thanks for linking up to What's Cookin' Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure that right now I'm really glad that I'm not in school. Math is not my favorite!! But I think these cookies could easily become my favorite - yum! I'd love to have you come and link up at Taste and Tell Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the math and just pass me a stack of these gorgeous cookies!!! Thank you for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your thinking :)
      Thank you so much for hosting the link party every week and for taking the time to stop by and comment!

      Delete
  4. Just made these today and wanted to tell you THANKS for sharing this amazing recipe! We loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO happy to hear that you loved them! These are one of my favorite cookies, so I love hearing that other people enjoy them as well!

      Delete
  5. When you say oatmeal...do you mean cooked prepared oatmeal or just oats? Quick oats or old fashion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,

      I just used oats that weren't prepared. Mine were whole grain quick cooking oats.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I want to try and make these soon but wasn't sure on that. :D

      Delete
  6. Where has this recipe been all my life? Chocolate chip cookies have always been a disaster for me. Tonight I tried this recipe, and they turned out perfect! PERFECT! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy to hear this and am so glad you liked them!

      Delete
  7. I have made these twice so far, and they are literally the best and easiest cookies I have ever made! Amazing recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'm happy you like this recipe so much!

      Delete
  8. Making these right now - they are in the oven and look pretty! I'm sure they will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These have become one of my FAVORITE cookies EVER! Love how soft and chewy they are. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear this! I'm glad you enjoy them :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...